Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Do: Knit A Scarf :)

I bet some of you are already rolling their eyes at this post but in my defense knitting a scarf to the finish has always been a challenge for me. I always start but lose interest midway (OK more like after thirty minutes of, non-concurrent, knitting. For me this will be more of a been-there-done-that kind of thing.
The stats are as follows: Time it takes to complete - 1 month on average
Attractiveness of goal - 561 people all want to do this.

Some of the comments for it get a little bit boring down the site but we won't go into that now. My mum has always been great at knitting and growing up I used to watch her knit just about anything for us, from sweaters, leg warmers, baby bootees, long as she had the pattern nothing was too difficult for her. So from that early on I used to attempt to knit, first I started with two skinny broomsticks as needles, can't even begin to count the number of splinters I got from that. Then finally she let me graduate to needles (excitement right?) wrong, the excitement lasts for like twenty minutes only then all i tended to do was stare at this heap of barely made scarf and big ball of wool. I stared at it so hard sometimes and sadly I did not suddenly discover I had scarf-knitting vision, sigh.
All in all, I will knit that scarf, I will, I will, I will...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here