Tuesday, April 25, 2017

THE FOUR STAGES OF MY HANKERINGS

Stage One: The Purchase

*Walk to the display shelf*

*Pick out awesomely delicious snack*

My Mind : Take two, One for now, another for later. It's a long evening/morning/day

Me : Alright

*Pick two packets of snacks*

Hope the cashier thinks there are two kids I'm buying snacks for



Stage Two : The gormandizing of the snack

*Rip packet open*

*Sit comfortably*

*Unapologetically finish snack in seconds*

My Mind : Eat, there's another one left after all.

Me : Alright

*Settle down to watch a movie/work/study*

*Bliss*



Stage Three : The Bargain (Approximately five minutes later)

My Mind : Remember the taste of that snack we had five minutes ago?

Me : Yes

My Mind : It was so good. So good.

Me: *Silently trying to ignore*

My Mind : Let's eat the other snack now

Me : That's for later

My Mind : It is later already. Let's just eat it and forget about it completely.

Me : Ok



Stage Four : Nibbling on last snack

*Literally eating bit by bit*

*Unconsciously counting remaining snacks as I eat*

*Sighing as the packet becomes more evidently empty*

My Mind : *Scoffing* You should have bought three



Me : Why am I like this?

1 comment:

Leave your comments here